Troop 451 has a great track record in producing
Eagle Scouts and we want you to make it ! Check
out these links for more information.
How do I advance in rank?
1. Demonstrate the skills and knowledge
required for the rank.
2. Participate in troop activities
3. Have a conference with the Scoutmaster.
4. Pass a Board of Review.
5. Get your new badge of rank!
Can YOU earn the highest rank in Scouting?
Important Information for Eagle Scout Candidates
1. The council's PO Box for Eagle reference letters was CLOSED in December 2013. This is causing delays of 20 days or more in forwarding of eagle reference letters to the council, but in a large percentage of cases, the references are returned to the sender and are, therefore, not received at the council office at all.
Instead of mailing the letter, letter writers can send their letter electronically to the council-specific email address:
email@example.com. This offers 100% assured delivery to the reference writer.
The council is encouraging scouts to use a new website http://www.eaglerefs.org for all reference letter so requests and submission can be handled electronically. The site maintained solely for Occoneechee Council candidates and provides a wealth of benefits to the Eagle candidate and efficiency to the reference writer. Instructions for using this new website are here http://www.eaglerefs.org/GatherData.pdf
If you have already sent out reference letter request and told them to send to the PO box, I suggest you recontact your letter writers and ask them to send it again using one of the methods mentioned above.
2. There is a new "2014" Eagle Scout application form that has the Cooking MB listed on it.
The council is no longer accepting Eagle rank applications that use the old form. The new form is downloadable from here
3. There is a new 2014 Eagle Project workbook.
Scouts preparing new Eagle Scout proposals should begin using this version immediately. The new workbook can be downloaded from here
Scouts who already using and have an approved proposal using the previous workbook may continue to use it. The workbook was created in Adobe LiveCycle, which must be saved to your computer and opened with Adobe Reader 9 or later. This enables the user to take advantage of the enhancements of expandable text boxes and importing images.
4. The council is encouraging Eagle candidates to fill in the Eagle Project workbook and Eagle Rank application electronically instead of hand written. Hand written forms can cause many mistakes and delays in processing of applications. So long as they can read what's on the application, handwritten or typed -- either is fine, but if you have bad handwriting, consider doing them on the computer.